Happy New Year! I must say it’s been a busy year for me – in fact ever since baby number 2 was born I feel I’ve been going nonstop, hence the extended blogging hiatus. One thing I haven’t stopped doing is keeping healthy – Sure I’ve had a few too many vegan sweets and treats here and there but I can safely say I haven’t fallen off the vegan train! Fig & Pear will progress and transform over time you won’t only just see recipes but scriptural devotions for mental well being, skincare product analysis and reviews, herbal remedies and specific plant based foods to eat to combat illnesses and restore health.
I hope you stick around because there will be extremely valuable information shared.
To kick things off for the New Year here’s a special vegan chocolate bundt cake recipe I made this week for the family!
Egg replacer (I used Bob Mills egg replacer)
1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
1 Cup Carob chips
3/4 Carob Powder
1 tsp Pink Himalayan sea salt
1 1/2 cup Almond Milk
2 Cups Gluten free flour (Bob Mills All purpose GF flour)
3/4 Cane Sugar or Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
3/4 Coconut oil
1/2 Cup Coconut shreds (For Garnishing)
Preheat oven to 375 C
1. Add all wet ingredients and blend.
2. Slowly add dry ingredients while blending until mix becomes smooth. (Add more flour if mixture is too wet)
3. Grease bundt pan with vegan butter or coconut oil.
4. Bake for 30-35 min (or until middle is dry).
5. Cool cake on plate or baking rack
6. Once cool, drizzle the mixture of coconut oil with cacao powder 1/2 cup Coconut oil to 2 Tbsp spoon Cacao Powder) on top of cake and sprinkle coconut shreds. Place in fridge for 30min – 1hr
Cut and serve!